Monday 21 October 2013

Muxia - It's called god's tears in Galicia


The big man must've heard I'm on my way. He thought he'd had it bad with some of the jokes Walid John and Iain have been telling but my impending arrival has sparked serious concern! It is just pishin' down here. I feel right at home. I get the 10.45 bus put to vimioanzo tomorrow and after that I go to la coruna. It's a really cool looking town and one I have wanted to visit since it started raining. I will either spend the night there and get a 7 hour bus to Santander where I meet stu off the ferry before flying home. The option is to the bus to Oviedo and stay in the ayre hotel there. It looks good and I deserve a treat - after walking all this distance and covering the last bit in the pouring rain you gotta think so. Staying in hotels has its fridge benefits. The heating is on so I can wash my clothes and they'll dry. I wanted to buy a new t - shirt but nothing caught the eye. Sorry, not nothing, there's a nice Galician beer, Estrella, that's caught the eye a few times of late, especially accompanied by pinchos.

The great thing about finisterre was how many pilgrims were celebrating together. It's a really fitting climax after a long journey. Many had started the full forty days and nights ago, made famous by Ali baba as well as Moses and a few others. Sometimes god speaks to these people, makes a change from me I guess!

Right next pub

No comments:

Post a Comment