Friday 18 October 2013

From the wilds of cruz de ferro

I can now confirm I am in ponferrada And it's superb. All the bars give you a pincho like in Leon so you just pub crawl. I had the menu del dia up at el Acebo to give me the strength to get here and so not withstanding that outrageous piece of camino luck I am strolling around a wet ponferrada getting fed and vino tinto'd. The town is deserted but it is only 8.30. The Spanish enjoy a 10pm start especially as the pilgrims need to be in their albergue by 10pm usually. I of course have gone to Los templairios my favourite hotel in this town. 35€ gets you a box room toilet and shower. They call it a bath but I'm sure Jackie had a bigger one for Caitlin when she was just born. Talking of Caitlin I hear she is training well for the 10k run we do on nov 3rd, I of course can't wait! Running with Caitlin is something I've only done once before and she left me for dead. Over 10k I could see myself finish thirty minutes behind her. I know I can wok it in 2hours so if I do break down I'll not hold her back! I promise Caitlin - I won't shout, please slow down wait for me, it's a hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment