Friday 9 June 2023

Young at Heart

I found myself blasting out the Bluebells classic today as I climbed over to ponte Oliveira.
As Billy Connolly famously reminded us there's no bad weather and yes it's a fat suit I'm wearing.
The rain has stopped and I was about to get my first Estrella Galicia of the day and it came with bacon and eggs.

 When in Rome and all that.
when I finally arrived at my destination for the day I found that the end of the world was not called finisterre but "Jackie has fallen off her golf buggy and it's run her over, get yet arse home".
Finisterre naw, finish now and finish we did, the end of ma world and the start of a new camino, care worker camino with a very unhappy patient in a lot of pain. Lack of mobility is something that hits us all hard. We are great at being lazy and hiding on the sofa or lounge on a sunbed but when its enforced, its different gravy and definitely not tasty. I'll be back out in September and October when I hope to get a full camino done but also balance hospital appointments and the allotment produce. I spend all year trying to grow stuff and the best months are when I disappear on camino!

No comments:

Post a Comment