Thursday 8 June 2023

Negreira to alto de pena

It's a beautiful way to spend 2 hours mostly walking through forest and not a huge amount of up and down but enough to make it 2 hours for 5-6km.

Leaving town at 9.10am I passed my new favourite bar that serves outstanding food.
A very understated chef delivered food of excellence.
The price just felt so ridiculously low. On my bank statement it said £31.41 and that included a bottle of Ramon Bilbao.
I sat on the back balcony overlooking the river until a monsoon forced me one table more inside.
Was that the reason I paused at the bottom of the hill taking pictures.
It was certainly the reason I stopped at the top of the hill!
I carried on into the forest about 9.15 and it's set high above the road.
After half n hour you join the road.
I tried to find the bar but not that hard. I saw empty bottles in crates but no signs and as the weather was good I thought carry on.
A dog kindly ushered me through and out of town.
15 minutes later youre back in the forest and it's lovely.
Bird song fought with my tinitus and bird song won 4-1.
Then you emerge into a wee town and you think ah, yes, this water is ok to drink and the bar is just here.
Next thing you're down for 10mins and up for 15 and you're at the bar.
What an oasis
It's on the hill so breezy too.
Perfect place to type.

And dry a sweaty shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment