Monday 5 June 2023

the last allotment watering

Yes it will be 8 days until I see all my plants again.

I sowed more courgettes and peas yesterday and gave them a decent soak.
The beetroot also got a third sowing so hopefully no slug damage.

I say damage but my courgette was feeding a family of 9.

I'm not religious but that does seem a bit too many mouths to feed. On the other hand the birds aren't Buddhists so when I moved them to the path they swooped in and had their fill. I've hidden the new showings of beets in a box.
So Santander flight leaves 15:40, Mexicana gets a visit again, first time since Stu was up the road in the hotel and I was in a 40€ room - 10 years on its only 36€.

I went for a haircut but it was rammed so I jumped the 24 down the road and managed to get the same driver on the way back proving 20 mins for watering is plenty. I also moved some of the tomatoes onto my shelf behind the glass so they'll be thirsty or dead on my return.

The weather forecast has been tough on guessing Galician clothes to pack and I've gone with it's hot so the rain will warm you up.


No comments:

Post a Comment