Monday 11 May 2015

Osorno - I am going off piste

Fromista train to Santander stops at osorno so 11am...I go off piste

Last night at La Mochilla was superb. The dinner turned into a 64 year old Danish birthday party with the usual amount of drink. The food was superb and there were 25 of us drinking in the atmosphere. Obviously I had to say happy birthday in Gaelic which sounds more like the Danish chef from the muppets the way I do it but by 11pm the only sound in the albergue was a guy upstairs raising the roof and me downstairs trying to clamber into a top bunk.

I got up at 6.15 as I couldn't be arsed listening to albergue early risers so I became one. Last night's best friend was this morning's bastard, waving the torchlight, rustling the bags and grating my brains. My bag was packed and left in the hall so after the excellent 2€ desayunos I hit the road. So glad I did.

The sun started peeping over soon after but the dawn also brought the heat. Today it is likely to be 31degrees again so I quit after 17km and will enjoy snooping around Osorno the bus train interchange town. The train from Santander stops here on its way to Madrid. While the bus from Burgos to Leon also stops here.

Unfortunately I stopped for advice on how to find the bus station and after my beer and tortilla walked out to see the 11.30 alsa bus guide me to the station. I also got to see it leave and then confirmed it was the only one today!!

Now I have hotel with a shower...snooze time then I can finish that story on the www.Deadbeatfanzine.blogspot.co.uk website. One minor point of me coming out this May. Tommy & Jose have made it to Leon, but the others are spread all over the camino, so not much left to write!

No comments:

Post a Comment