Thursday 30 October 2014

Long shadows

The definitive picture from the camino concerns the shadow the pilgrims cast on the horizon. Early in the morning the darkness shields the shadow for those sharp dressers who with wing lights illumanating their path can  seamlessly stroll stumbling in a straight line. This is clearly not for me. I wait until the shadow is ahead of me. It is the starters pistol shot, the hooter; the klaxon; the signal to commence movement. I see my hat 40 metres ahead and i try to catch it.

I walk this way for 2 hours until the sun adjusts and my shadow shrinks and slides to the right. That's usually cola cao time. If its October it is also the moment I disrobe. My body warmed by the 10km I can dispense with my warm up top and bottoms. Well, after the cafe I will....

No comments:

Post a Comment