Saturday 4 October 2014

It's all sunshine in santo Domingo

What a great journey so far. Sunny, too sunny, 28/29 degrees sunny makes for a sweaty camino but I have to say it's of my own making - I should try in November when it's cooler.

The Pyrenees to Burgos is reliably good weather for far too long. The Rioja grape benefits greatly from the climate and this year looks likely to be a goody.

Back in the glory days of my football career I was known for doing the 100m in under a minute, in fact I dipped below 59seconds once when a very pacy forward had beaten our full back and I was last man if I could head him off at the 18 yard box. Unfortunately by the time I got there he was in the 6 yard box but our keeper saved, well it bounced off the post hit him on the way out and I foiled the danger with a hoof into touch, while shouting the midfield to stay up, we had it covered.

So as I say I walk well with the ball so I have bought one and started dribbling along the camino. Yes with a ball. I already dribble successfully the rest of the time. It is a joy to behold and the talk of the steamie. Have you seen fatal? Yeah Fat Al? He is kicking a baw to Santiago. I get it stamped in all the wee pueblos and I am going to get a compostela for my baw. Even baws have souls I will tell them as I hand over my 3 euro for the certification.

My dribbling and close control definitely wavers in the afternoon heat. My first touch was always a killer although too often the second touch was a tackle

I have given myself more injuries chasing after a mis-control and i apologise now to the cyclists who had that wee pile up by the duck pond outside najera but I had to stop my ball going in the water. At least you guys could swim and I did throw the only lifesaver available

Aye, my mis-control
Cheers

Al

No comments:

Post a Comment