Tuesday 4 October 2022

short winter camino

I have written about this before so I do so again. The winter is not the time for me to do another 30 day Camino but it is is perfect for a 3 or 7-day Camino and with the flights to Santiago and the flights to Santander being so cheap I'm now looking more so at these options.

The weather will always dictate but my current thinking is simple.
Fly to Santander at 6.30am on 17/11 or 24/11 and fly back at 22.10 on Sunday 21/11 or 28/11 on the late night return and you have fantastic options. Even better it's £39. If you have 10 days all to the good.

You can reach Burgos or Fromista very easily so here's my tips.
Get to Burgos have some tapas. Go to Villambistia and walk back to Villafranca Montes Des oca and stay at Christina's place. It's cheap and my favourite residents run meson albe. Food drink and a wee walk.
On Thursday you walk to Burgos. Be brave it's a huge walk but just do it and get the last bus at 5.30 to castrojeriz and stay with albergue Rosalia. We have leeway to stop at Cardenuela Rio Pico and stay at Santa Fe and then on Saturday walk to Burgos and get the 1pm bus.

Ideally you want a train to Santander and get a few tapas bars before heading back but there are options which are rare on a Sunday so think about the weather and where you want to be before you leave.

It could be short of Burgos is better so finish in Burgos and similarly going past Burgos to Fromista is good.
I'm in poblacion tonight and can walk back to train station tomorrow or I'd stay in bocadillo del Camino and walk forward to get a train.

The long 3.5 days trip is clearly on my mind 

No comments:

Post a Comment