Sunday 22 January 2023

it's day 1 on the way to fisterra

It's a lovely walk out of town down to the river over it and on. I enjoyed so much of this I'm already planning a return journey. Whether you leave from the catherdral or walk through the park down past the hospital, its 10 minutes before you find yourself on a very quiet lane and in the countryside. Juxtapose that against coming into Santiago and you get why I'm so hyped. We are doing it in January as the pilgrim count is low. Quite simply the Way has got way too popular and while it's great in some ways for local business I'm sure the contrary view also stands water.


We left town via the park

Stu was just getting ready for his pose

It was simply stunning on the way out of town
Many pilgrims passed us To



It was a stuff climb to cabolla

But we made it and a cafe beckons as we slide down the hill.


Push on we cried...

The river was clearly high

Then we arrived! It probably wasn't as long as it felt but it felt a full day especially when the key for the flat didnt work and our host called their partner. When the partner called the locksmith I went for a drink. Eventually we got in but there was no lavadora after all. I went down stairs to the launderette. PAid my money and washed the clothes. I would later shrink my cashmere as well by not getting it out the drier early enough but that's fine. The wee moth holes disappeared when it got shrunk. This flat had a few selling points that didnt minifest and it never got the usual 5 stars of love. The shower had no hot water and we had to look for turning on the boiler. We succeeded but no notes either on where it was and how to use it. My toilet didn't flush so I had to use the shower. A few other wee things but let's just say it wasn't as billed so no review tells its own story !






No comments:

Post a Comment