Saturday 30 September 2023

Los arcos bound with Kevin the mad traveller

Great fun as always and we stumbled into Kevin who was clearly enjoying the break from fall in Wisconsin. I say fall out of courtesy and of course I mean autumn.

There was nothing autumnal about the weather today as the guage went up up and away. It started for us at 7am and it was borderline cool but by the time we climbed out of Estella to arrive at the imperious casa Luisa it was time for breakfast.
Next stop was the irache Fuentes, home of the free wine. 
Even an alcoholic like me doesn't want a glass of wine at 9am but I did put some in my water bottle, in that holy water and wine kinda way.


And then we walked out of villamayor de monjardin passing the church again and the sunflowers, down the hill and we marvelled at the lack of grapes.

After another few steps we were now in Los arcos and I was paraphrasing David Bowie.

Sitting in the market Square, god was gently crying. Pilgrims were sweating and yapping away but the earth well it was dying... it was 5 years......

....is that all we got....5 years.....
So I forgot to say Kevin is from Madison home of butch and Garbage and my tenuous link with Shirley Manson who may or may not have sang on the deadbeat tape with autumn 1904 or even the wild Indians with "maybe". He can ask next time he's in the co-op in Madison.

The bus stop is outside pension mavi. It's the best menu del dia for miles around so if you want to enjoy great food and wine head there. It's by the bus stop so no excuses even for the bus pilgrim.

So we waited on the bus and it turned up 2 minutes late at 17.07. I love thos Camino stuff and am so grateful for every day I get out here.
Tomorrow we will be riding on the 7:45 bus to sansol but who knows we might get off in Los Arcos but judging by the weather if we want to make logrono then we have to get moving early.
Buen Camino 

No comments:

Post a Comment