Wednesday 28 September 2022

Walking today from Logrono to Navarette

I have done this walk 12 times and it is because I enjoy it.

Sometimes I enjoy the night before in Logrono so much 11km is all I can handle.

Today it was different - today it was a tactical decision.

We had a big day yesterday and normally I would follow that up with another big day to Azofra. The rhythm of the Camino there is something I find myself in all the time. I walk slow, I walk fast, I sometimes stop at every cafe.

Yesterday I felt very tired. It led to me consuming less than a bottle of wine which has got to be a good thing.

Today we left at 10:30 having enjoyed a really lovely apartment in logrono. Thanks Javi it was brilliant. #27 AVE colon.

I was aiming for a 2pm arrival at the albergue so we stopped for a coffee next to the church. It was open which isn't always the case. Plenty golf on display and you can pay an extra euro to turn the altar lights on.

I didn't see the need but maybe someone had already done it. We had a conversation about abortion when I came out and it was nice to just talk about something over which as men we had no particular right to get involved. I'm fairly pro choice for women to decide whether it's to carry or not to carry, that is their choice. My mind often gets distracted with so much nonsense talked about women's rights in Afghanistan or wherever as I feel there's a few western countries need to listen to themselves. They've done nothing apart from find bullying stupid men who enjoy imposing their power on another individual. I still don't understand why women have to accuse someone of rape and then go through a process of them being called liars. Surely the women who are raped are presumed victims and it is for the man to prove otherwise. The laws for rape were presumably written by men. I'd rather a few innocent men got found  guilty than all the women getting abused. Maybe it's just me, maybe the law is an ass, but I think all we are talking about is sentences. If the man is not found guilty the woman is made to be a liar. That's shit. It should be that the man gets away with a non custodial sentence and has the mark on his file  much better that than the woman be accused of being a liar. There are many more high profile cases which highlight how easy it is for a man to abuse a woman. It breeds even worse abuses in society. So I thought as we sat down to have a coffee before heading to the albergue.

Now I've had my shower I've written it up, probably badly but it's put there now.

Time for another picture I think.

Simon staring into the camera as the lake at logrono quietly stares back.

No comments:

Post a Comment