Tuesday 5 October 2021

St Jacques provides

Candles at long last! My poor Mum and everyone else who I've been waiting for real candles need wait no more. As churches go this one was not full of gold, more full of damp! I felt the candles will go a long way to helping dry the place out and my Mum would approve as would the many others on whose behalf I lit a few candles.

Tomorrow is the Cruz de ferro and then El Acebo or molineseca. I'll lay a few stones and look forward to the journey.

Tonight though I will fine in El Tesin. The bar made famous when Michel- Andre showed me pictures of his wife, Bernadette. When she appeared having iced her ankle for an hour I said that Andre had shown me pictures of how she looked before she started the Camino.

He took the bait and said that was before we were married in the last century......oh how we all laughed!

Buen Camino 

No comments:

Post a Comment