Saturday 29 October 2016

Camino VIII

Plans for 2017 involve a spring outing and the full camino in September/October.

Springtime will be the completion of the section Stu has yet to see. Santo Domingo to Burgos.

There are a number of brilliant places to stay - and also some of the worst (aka Recedilla)

So the trip will be

Santo Domingo to Granon, Recedilla and then onto the road to Belorado 22km

Belorado to Tosantos, Villambista and then Montes de Oca 12km

Montes de Oca to St Juan de Ortega, Ages, Atapuerca and finally Cardenuela Riopico 24km


Cardenuela by rio pico - one of my favourite places - google fatal-bananas/cardenuela and you'll see why. You could try to navigate on the site but you could be a while. Cardenuela is just before Orbanejo and then the long walk around the airport (navigate across the river) and into Burgos. A short 15km

All told its 73km so 2 days good walking or 4 half days!

When Si and I did it in 2007 we did Azofra - Recedilla, then to Montes de Oca and then Atapuerca, before a short day to Burgos. Harry in 2011 had just done his head in (!) and had 4 stitches so we were less adventurous.

Azofra - Santo Domingo, then we slept!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you remember my husband and me, but we met you in 2011. I was the one who got knocked up on the camino, and we left at Astorga because I figured things weren't going to be very enjoyable from that point on. :) Well, I've been wanting to go back and do some of it again, and I'm planning to return for about three weeks with my five year old son in late September/October. Jarrod will join for about a week in the middle of the trip. Since my son is five, we will be going very, very slowly and probably take some cabs along the way, and we may even quit after the first day! But if you will be on the camino at the same time, we could try to meet up with you at some point!

    --Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Elissa - we will keep our diaries and schedules open! cheers Al

    ReplyDelete