Friday, 18 September 2026

It will change Biarritz to Santander September 20-29

It's simple, it's a Camino.

Don't fix a point, have no point apart from flexibility.

I arrived at 9:45am on Sunday morning and if the buses go my way I could be walking to the wee ferry and arriving at bar Gran Sol around 12:30.

I could also be arriving at 14:30 as they close for the next 2 days.

Either way I will do one of two things.

I will go to the Albergue in Irun, get a pilgrims passport, sleep and rise early or I will make my way to Getaria. 

Getaria is a place I've never been to. I have watched it on the stretch from Zarautz to Zumaia. It's a gorgeous looking place from the hill.

There are several Albergues so I'd like to go.

I am sanguine as arrivals and St Jacques will dictate.

Next up will be getting to Bilbao by 3:15pm.

In truth I probably have until 4pm and we will find ourselves in a nice twin room near MULA. It's a cocktail bar by the airport bus stop.

Monday evening in Bilbao suits me fine as is walking to Portugalete the next day.

Tuesday is a great day on the Camino. Everywhere is quiet and we can check in anywhere.

Wednesday will probably be Castro urdiales and Thursday Laredo.

Friday will be Noja and Saturday we may walk or bus to Santander. Who knows we might already be there.

Bien Camino

No comments:

Post a Comment